(ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend, ex-husband, ex-wife, ex-best friend, ex-boss, etc.)
..when you’re with your new partner, while you’re with your parents, when you’re out buying feminine hygiene items, when you aren’t dressed your best, when she’s with someone new, when you can’t avoid each other and are forced to speak, catching up and finding out that he’s actually happy. . . the list goes on and on.
Different people take different roles when it comes to this situation.
- Approach: Go as far away from the sighting as possible.
- Interaction: N/A
- Reasoning: “I just don’t want her to see me.”
- Approach: Finds a mirror, fixes makeup, and pretends bumping into each other was a coincidence.
- Interaction: Brags, very subtly, about how awesome her life is. Pretends to be interested in the other’s life.
- Reasoning: “He has to know what he’s missing out on, even though I’d never take him back.”
- Approach: Goes directly toward her and attempts to find out how she’s doing.
- Interaction: Comes off as overly-interested. Apologizes every other word, and asks for permission to call her again.
- Reasoning: “She’ll come back to me someday.”
- Approach: Spots him and goes to say “hi” immediately
- Interaction: Friendly. They both seem happy to be talking to one another, and say “we should hang out sometime!” (but never actually do it).
- Reasoning: “He was an important part of my life, we’re still good friends.”